Documentation & More Complex Scenarios

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I'm really itching for some documentation on this API.

In the meantime, maybe you can just describe a couple BBTag overloads real quick.

What does autoRenderContent do?

How would I do something more custom? For example, on my forum posts are numbered with IDs and to quote a specific reply I want them to be able to do [quote]123[/quote] and during pre-parsing (meaning parsing that I do when the data is being inserted into the database) I want to check if the content is an integer. If it is then I want to check my database for replies with that ID. If it finds one then I want it to pull out the reply content and replace the "123" with the reply content.

Ex: I want to turn "[quote]123[/quote]" into "[quote]This is the content of reply with ID 123![/quote]".

Then on post-parsing (meaning parsing that I do every time data is being retrieved from the database) the processed tag would include the contents of the quoted reply (in case the reply was deleted since the quote was made).

It would be really awesome if there was a way to handle complex situations like this. I do see some "Func<>" parameters in the overloads so I'll do my best to fiddle with them. I really just wish there were some examples though :/